News / Blog

Corporate Correspondence: Iso Room

From: Bob Pernice
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:09 PM
To: Joyce Linehan, Joe Pernice, Tim Walsh

Subject: Re: drum room

Joyce,

Here’s my take on the Iso room. Drawing is not to scale and measurements are approx.

In lieu of a door and window, TW suggested a door with glass view.

Will try to come by Sat, if you think will help.

BP

On Jun 14, 2012, at 5:55 AM, “Joyce Linehan” wrote:

Do you want me to give this to the contractor, or do you want to come tape it off and see what it actually looks like? I think it will be tiny, and hard to stand up in in most spots.

On Jun 14, 2012, at 8:00 AM, TW Walsh wrote:

Yes, I think that is smaller than what we discussed onsite

On Jun 14, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Joe Pernice wrote:

This has the makings of a Spinal Tap “Stonehenge” moment.

Coincidentally, none of the drummers I play with would fit in a six by four drum room.

Has someone been smoking the whacky tobacky?

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Tim Walsh wrote:

What if we have 4 small drum closets? Each closet will house one drum. One person per closet…that way you don’t need one really good drummer, you just need four schlubs who can each play one drum.

TW

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Bob Pernice wrote:

I like Tim’s idea.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Joyce Linehan wrote:

I WILL be posting this thread somewhere, so weigh any responses before hitting send.

On Jun 14, 2012, at 11:22 AM, Bob Pernice wrote:

Several points re the dimensions as drawn:

- The iso room, if square, is approx 7 3/4″ X 6′ 7″.We considered cutting the front corner to add a door facing the control room.

- These dims were chosen to minimize encroachment into the main room and to keep all of the exterior wall windows out of the iso room. When we paced it off it looked OK; when drawn it seems small.

We easily can expand in either / both X and Y, but with significant consumption of main room area. The next logical iterations are:

* adding 6′ to the E/W dim, yielding a 12′ 7″ X 6′ 7″ space, gobbling up the entire E/W window

* adding approx. 3″ to the N/S dim, yielding a 10′ 7 3/4″ X 6′ 7″ space, consuming the bottom N/S window

- I’m not an architect but my uncle and cousins are.

On Jun 14, 2012, at 11:25 AM, “Joyce Linehan” wrote:

Ooooooh, fancy science talk.

All I know is when I looked at the space yesterday, it occurred to me that you will have to find some smaller drummers. I am against this, because Menck is nice to me, unlike Joe. Thus, I have drawn the conclusion that really tall people are nicer than not-as-tall people.

———————————————————–

In a message dated 6/14/2012 11:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Joe Pernice writes:

Joyce, you couldn’t find the extra tuition to attend UMASS, Amherst over the Boston campus? Pot head.

———————————————————–

In a message dated 6/14/2012 11:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Joe Pernice writes:

Bob – Go shit in your hat and pull it over your ears.

On Jun 14, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Bob Pernice wrote:

Yes, I was concerned that you would not be able to keep up, though I’m surprised at Joyce. Perhaps I could lay it out in Legos and have Mr. Sammy explain.

TW – a standard size door, trimmed out just fits that short wall.

Let’s make it bigger. I’d recommend the 12′ 7″ X 6′ 7″ with a squared door. Put another way, 74 yellow legos X 38 yellow legos.

On Jun 14, 2012, at 8:12 PM, Joyce Linehan wrote:

Can someone just come over and put some painter’s tape down? This is tiresome – all this measuring and numbers. If not, I’m turning that space into a craft room, where I am going to make stuff to sell on etsy. And I will probably make more money on that than I will on the next Pernice record.

Joyce @ 9:35 pm